Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Big Boys Bed

About a month ago we made the big decision to turn our big boys bed into just that.  It was a decision we had been tossing up for a while, as I knew if we were going to do it before little boy comes we needed to do it now! On the other hand I kind of wanted Harri to still be in his cot when bub was here, so that he couldn't come into us during the night and disturb bub (or us).  

One Saturday morning we just decided to do it (things seem to go a lot better when we just bite the bullet and do things - i.e: taking away the dummy).  

I would have taken photos of the dissembling of the cot, but Jake and this cot are not very good friends at all and it wouldn't have been a pretty sight, nor would Jake allow me to take such photos in his time of frustration.  

Here is the final product - baby cot turns big!

Harri has done surprisingly well since the change, he now has to be read stories in bed before he will happily let me leave the room.  He has had a couple of nights where he woke up and was out of the bed, but since then he has been awesome, he has even for the past two or so weeks not been getting out of bed in the morning til at least 7:30am (usually it is around 8am) - this has been a huge blessing to me, as I am no longer sleeping that well at night (beauty of third trimester), so a sleep in is great.  I don't know what time he is actually waking up but he doesn't call out til this time.  The most amazing thing is that he doesn't get out of bed, he just waits til I come in and get him!  Let's just see how long it takes him to realise he can get up.


No comments:

Post a Comment