Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm a Mormon...

I have just been blessed with some wonderful news that has given me the added boost that I need this week.
I received an email from the mother of a family that used to live in Hobart, that have since moved to the US.  I grew up with the son in youth, he was a few years younger than me; anyway she informed me that he was now serving a mission in FT Lauderdale Florida speaking Haitian Creole to the Haitians.  She also informed me that in the US recently there have been a lot of adds for the Mormon.org 'I'm a Mormon' site.  She began to tell me how one of the converts that her son just baptized last week saw one of these adds and went on to have a look.  The profile that she came across was...MINE!!!  That's right she read my profile, the sister then ordered a Book of Mormon and a Bible and five weeks later she was baptized.  The son said that she was so receptive to the Gospel when they knocked on her door, and that is how he found out about my profile. He told his mum to thank me for sharing my profile and leading her to the missionaries.  She also mentioned that prior to this event they had been having a lot of trouble finding and teaching people. Not only is it crazy enough that someone read my profile and was baptized, but that one of the missionaries that taught her I grew up with!

But somehow I feel that it is really me that needs to be doing the thanking.  I feel so blessed to have been able to help one of Heavenly Father's children feel the spirit and in turn be baptized and become a member of Christ's church.  The overwhelming feeling I got when reading that I had helped someone on the other side of the world whom I have never met, who speaks a different language and yet we can both feel the same spirit and have the same testimony.  How grateful I am for the testimony which I have and for being able to put it into words so that others can too come to know for themselves the same things that I do.

I encourage you all, if you have not already done so to create a profile, and maybe you too can have the same impact on someone else's life.

5 comments:

  1. wow, i got goosebumps reading this, so cool char! brett has made a profile and i have been meaning too so i will do that right now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome experience for everyone involved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! jake shared this in ward council tonight.. amazing how we can touch someone we have never met (on earth, that is) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes - I was so amazed when Jake told us - and reading it here too just blows me away - considering how the missionary knew you too! inspired to me do mine - though i feel so boring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really was a surreal experience to read. Becky you are far from boring, I was going to re-write my profile, but now I know that even if it doesn't sound cool, I know I have written my testimony and that is all that is needed. x

    ReplyDelete