Friday, February 22, 2013

Zoo Doo!

On what turned out to be quite a cool day, Harri, Oakley and I went to Zoo Doo with Grandma and Granddad  while Jake helped Uncle Ammon finish his retaining wall.

We got there just in time to feed the lions.  The mummy and daddy lion were not interested in us at all, we did however spot a huge huntsman on the roof in the lion viewing area, Grandma was totaling freaking out!



Harri was lucky enough to feed the lions, although in this picture it looks like Granddad is doing it (he probably was actually).



We then moved on to all the other animals, I didn't think Harri would want to feed them, but he was loving it, with Granddad's help of course.



These Tassie Devils were crazy! They would jump all the way up the keeper's leg trying to get to the food, he told us a few facts about them, which was pretty interesting, though I can't remember a single one now.





The alpacas were so cute! I have always wanted one for a pet.


This sheep was scary! I never thought a sheep could be scary but they were! It wasn't til we were about to leave that we realised that they had actually escaped from there paddock, I though they were just allowed to roam free, they kept chasing us,trying to get to our food.  This one was taller then Harri, it was HUGE!



These two were super scary too, this was as close as I was going to get, the emu started growling at me if I tried to get closer. So glad I didn't go on the bus ride!


These camels were awesome! They came right up to us, and would feed out of our hands. We really didn't need to go on the bus ride, as all the animals that you would see on it came right up to the fences anyway.



The little kid (goat) in the bottom of this picture escaped too and kept following Harri, pretty sure he could smell the food, it was really cute though, I could have kept him too; until he grew up and started eating everything!


Harri in the animal nursery, which stunk! the pigs a few stalls up really needed a bath, and their food was so rotten and uck!


Harri couldn't leave without having a go in the ball-pit, he loves those things.


This little guy was awesome! His name was Ned Kelly.  HE was about 90years old, and ever since his first owner he has had this can with him and he always puts it on his head, it was pretty funny to see.

So after some lunch, a trip to the car to feed Oakley, and another quick walk around the park we headed home, after quite an exhausting day, Harri loved it though (and so did I).

No comments:

Post a Comment