I Know That My Redeemer Lives
1. I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.
2. He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.
3. He lives, my kind, wise heav’nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives, I’ll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.
4. He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
“I know that my Redeemer lives!”
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
“I know that my Redeemer lives!”
Text: Samuel Medley, 1738–1799. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.
Music: Lewis D. Edwards, 1858–1921
I have been thinking a lot about the Easter Season, as it creeps up on me like every holiday seems to do. I love this time of year, as we celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior, who sufferred for us all so that we too might live.
This song is one of my favourites, and always makes me shed a tear thinking of the love that the Savior has for each of us.

We sang this song last Sunday at the end of the Easter Fireside - it was really uplifting and I couldn't help shed a little tear. You would have loved it. Can't wait to see you and Harri and Jake soon. Love Umma
ReplyDeleteYep. That song makes me cry EVERY TIME I hear or attempt to sing it. A very touching a spiritual song.
ReplyDelete