Harri's First Birthday was a quiet one as he was still sick with a cold, so no playgroup for us.
We did make a quick visit to Eli and Meg, and the rest of the day was spent playing with mummy.
Birthday dinner was a quick one as daddy had meetings, So Harri had his favourite - 2minute noodles {I know; couldn't get more unhealthy if I tried, but he doesn't have the flavouring, just noodles}.
He loves them though, as you can see.
This was followed by an apple pie for the birthday cake {mummy didn't want to make two, so the cake is at the party}.
"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Harri, Happy Birthday to you!"
Harri quite enjoyed the apple pie too, lucky it's your birthday!
On a more serious note, I cannot believe that one year has past already since Harri came into the world. At 10:58pm one year ago our whole life changed - for the better. We were off to a rocky start {6months long} but we have since come out the other side and seem to be doing ok.
I love that you have the thickest cheeks, the chubbiest hands, the biggest smile, big bright blue eyes, a one-sided mullet, a neck that gets everything stuck in it {foodwise}, I love how you shrug one shoulder, put everything in your mouth, get so excited when you see your bottle, love playing with other kids, and I love how you are so trusting of me, when I don't always have that same trust in myself.
I love you Harri, thank you for the last year, it has been fun, and I can't wait to be right there with you for the next one.
I also cannot finish without thanking my Heavenly Father for trusting us enough to be your parents, I pray for his guidence everyday, so that you are taught all that you need to know to return home to Him.
Happy first birthday little man. xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment