Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Harrison Courtnay Prebble

Welcome to the world Harrison Courtnay Prebble.  Your arrival was not an easy one, after doing some house chores and having my morning shower; you let me know you were on your way with my waters breaking at 11:20am.  I tried to ring daddy to let him know, but he was not in reach of reception, after a few tries, I rang the hospital to let them know.  Their advice was to come in straight away to be examined.  I still was unable to reach daddy, so being in the calm state that I was, I sent Auntie Aimee a message to let her know what was happening, but not to panic, then with no other option I drove myself to the hospital.

Once there my luck changed and I was able to contact Daddy.  A short time later Daddy arrived at the hospital to lend his support, and what a great support person he was.   

We were blessed to have Val (Eden Triffit's mother-in-law) as our midwife; she was amazing, she was so supportive, yet at the same time she knew when to let me be and just observe my progress.  I am so grateful for all she did for us.  Having a member for a midwife just made it so much more special, as she was able to help me understand the significance of your journey from our Father in Heaven to our arms.

After some side swaying, toilet trips, warm baths, stripping down to my undies and a singlet, Daddy fanning me with a magazine, kneeling on the floor and bed, saying "I can't do this anymore", pethadine and fenurgan, and some extreme pushing; you finally arrived into my arms at 10:58pm on 02/03/2010.

That moment when it felt like I coudn't go any further, there you were lying on my chest, skin-to-skin, there is nothing like that feeling of holding you in my arms for the first time.  There were so many emotions going through my mind, yet all I could focus on was your warm little body embracing mine. 

After 9months of growing with you, there you were, our little son, sent from a loving, and very trusting Father in Heaven. I coudn't be any more grateful to him for sending you here safely.  I pray now that through the guidence of the Holy Ghost Daddy and I will be able to raise you in a way pleasing to our Father in Heaven.

Welcome to the world little man. We love you.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Charlotte and well done. Harrison is perfect. Childbirth is such a unique experience. Thanks for sharing yours.

    P.S That 3rd photo is so familiar. I think every new mum has one of those 'smiling because I'm ecstatic but also totally exhausted' photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Awesome post Charlotte!! I am glad things went well!! He is so CUTE!!!! WELL DONE!! Congrats guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you have the net now so you can blog away. i love the first pic of cute harri!

    you're doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving reading all these posts. you are so beautiful and you are such a wonderful mum:) im glad you have the net so i can see how you are all doing:) Miss you!!! Noey xoxox

    ReplyDelete