Friday, April 23, 2010

First trip to Hobart

Jake, Harri and I took Harri on his first trip to Hobart on the weekend. Umma and Papa were kind enough to let us stay with them on Friday night, especially when little Harri was not himself, he decided that he did not want to sleep(however this was caused by stomach/wind pain) so daddy, harri and I were awake from 12am - 4am; Harri decided that this was not enough, so he screamed the whole time (apart from when I was feeding him) just to make it more interesting.  Poor little guy, he did really seem like he was in a lot of pain.

Things did start to look up when he finally slept from 4am - 7:30am; so we did get 3hrs sleep at least.  That morning we both looked like death warmed up, I think poor daddy looked worse then I did, as I have become quite accustom to the whole no sleep thing.

Umma and Papa threw a beautiful breakfast for us all to celebrate Jake's birthday.  It was so delicious.  We were privaledged to have Nikki, Livy and Levi join us for the day too. Harri missed the whole thing however, as he slept for the next 3or so hours.  He was so good for the rest of the weekend, I really think the Zantac that he was prescribed to be given to help with his reflux, really made it worse, as he seemed to swallow more air taking it then he did before.

Saturday night was spent with Grandma and Grandad, Grandma made her scrumpcious roast potatoes, and she was able to enjoy a nice cuddle with Harri.

It was really nice to catch up with everyone in Hobart Ward on Sunday, and for them to see Harri for the first time. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum, that breaky was so good!! Gonna have to make it a tradition every time you come down I think! haha
    Hope u are having a great week. Livy missed you guys at family tea on Sunday. She kept asking "but where is jake and cha cha and harri?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did I miss out on a breakfast feast like that?
    delish

    ReplyDelete