My oh my how the last 8 weeks have flown by...so much has happened since Harri's birth. We have been on a bit of an adventure that is for sure. For something that is mean't to be so natural, the art of breastfeeding truly is just that - an art to be learned. Poor little Harri just can't quite get the hang of opening his mouth wide enough to get all of the breast in his mouth, thus leading to such cracked and destroyed nipples, that I had to turn to expressing to let them heal; this proved to be more then i expected, as Harri likes to feed every 2hrs or so, this meant I was needing to express every hour an hour to an hour. Which is physically impossible - well it was for me, as I couldnt seem to produce enought milk to express.
So back to breastfeeding we went, but not for long, as it became so painful that with each suck I cried even more - then I was introduced to something that has literally saved my life - the nipple shield. I would never have guessed that such a small/ thin piece of plastic could make mt life so much more enjoyable.
but it doesn't stop there - the day after Harri's blessing I came down with a very violent bout of food poisoning - thanks alot Banjo's chicken sandwich! this sent me on a trip to the hospital in an ambulance with a drip hangning out of my hand. Poor Harri was so starving, by the time i could feed him again.
Just when you must be thinking that this had to be the end of it, two days later I got mastitis in my right breast. A few cabbage leaves later, and it was gone - magic!
Here are a few pictures of Harri taken over the last 8 weeks. He has grown so qiuck, he looks different every day.

You are a trooper. Food poisoning is so horrible and a brand new baby/breastfeeding/no sleep is hard enough! These photos are soooo gorgeous. He is a cutie that's for sure. Love nik x
ReplyDeleteLooks like Harri has inherited your beautiful big eyes Charlotte :)
ReplyDelete