On the weekend our little family {with the help of Umma} went to Melbourne so that Jake and I could go to the temple. Jake has been able to go numerous times over the last year or so, but it has been two years since I have been able to go, we made a plan when we got married that we would attend the temple at least once a year, and we did great until I got pregnant, then we moved up north and so things made it a little difficult to go.
I was a little nervous about going back to the temple, as it had been so long, but once I was inside I knew I was in the right place. The feelings that I felt in the temple I haven't felt anywhere else. And what better place to go to seek revelation than in the temple. Jake and I had a great experience whilst there, and were able to participate in all the ordinances, which was lovely. I wish there were words to describe the experience of the temple; if you are thinking about whether to go either for the first time or for the hundreth time...do it!
Lindy was very charitable in coming with us to baby sit Harri while we went to the temple. We really could not have done it without her. I am glad that she was also able to spend some one-on-one time with Harri and that he was able to become more comfortable and familiar with 'Umma'.
We were very blest to be able to stay with President and Sister Lifferth which was even more of a blessing as it was literally 1minute from the temple, we are very grateful for their hospitality.
Outside the Melbourne Temple.
The Melbourne Temple.
We also had some spare time in the afternoon on Friday, so where else to go but to ...
This is like my favourite shop in the whole world, I was totally in my element. Unfortunately we didn't measure our luggage before we went so some items on my list had to be left behind, oh well...next time?
On the Saturday afternoon we went to Chadstone Shopping Centre.
This place was huge! Unfortunately we didn't find anything here that we liked/wanted so we just got Harri a book and a Beanie, not that he leaves it on long enought to do anything. Maybe because I really wanted to shop I couldn't find anything, I should have not expected to buy then maybe I would have found heaps???
Whilst at Chadstone Lindy took us to 'Koko Black' they make the best hot chocolates ever!.
we also went to the famous 'Lindt' shop and each got a macaroon. I had heard heaps about them from various people and so was eager to try one, unfortunately we were not very impressed {sorry everyone out there that loves them} maybe my expectations were too high {again}.
While it was a busy weekend, it was great to be with family and go to the temple again, hopefully next time it won't be so long before we go again.
And a huge thank you to Umma, Harri just loved spending time with you. we are very grateful for your sacrifice and service. We love you and miss you. xxx




love the photo outside the Temple :)
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to do it again!... and next time hopefully get some more stuff from Ikea!!