So this on and off feeling of aching and coughing up flem {I know gross right} for the last two weeks was something that I should probably have gone to the doctor about before now, as it turns out that I have Bronchitis {chest infection}. Great how lovely. So another physical ailment to add to my post baby list. It's a wonder there is anything left for me to catch or go wrong. Ok sorry I apologise, that is the whining drama queen in me needing to get my frustration off my chest {literally - ok bad joke}.
So Sunday night I felt horrible, and I woke up with a real tight pain in my chest allowing me to only breathe shallow breaths. I also woke up numerous times in a sweat. Jake had to get up to do the night feeds {this is where the formula comes in handy}, and he took Monday off work to look after Harri so I could rest. I went to the Doctor and even he said that I had been through the whole lot since giving birth! He diagnosed me with Bronchitis and sent me to the chemist to get some antibiotics. His last piece of advice before leaving was to NOT have anymore children until Harri is in school. Me thinking this might not be such a bad idea if this is going to happen everytime I give birth.
At least something positive about all this is the antibiotics are my favourite colour - green!
I know I should be more grateful for what I have, which I am, I know my family has been very blessed, and there are so many more out there who have it worse then we do. So I will try harder to be a better person, and to be more grateful for what I have.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh you poor thing! You have had a rough trot! I haven't had any problems, which makes me think does that mean I will with the next one? At least if you have a rough go with the first ones, the other ones will prob seem super easy! Lol
ReplyDeleteHope your feeling better soon! Callie was sick a couple of weeks ago and it was the worst week of my life! I wish I had been sick instead of her! At least I know how to care for myself! Harri has such cute little facial expressions! Get better soon!
Love Cas xox
Oh Charlotte! sorry I wish I had known earlier! you poor thing! you really have had some bad stuff going on with your body - babies have a way of taking all the good away! I hope those anti biotics have been doing their thing. when summe rcomes hopefully all the sickness will just fade away - oh and by the way you aren't even complaining! most of us would be thinking we were dying with a chest infection - they are pretty full on!!
ReplyDelete