I loved General Conference this Easter, it had so much more meaning to me this time, as I pondered the things which I needed answers to. There was so much to learn and even more to lift and strengthen your testimony. One of the many things that stood out to me was Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Seventy when he spoke on Temples. He said "The Temple is the most Holy place of worship on the Earth...Only the Home can compare in it's Sacredness." Does my home resemble the temple?It was such a strength to me when I saw that Jake was receiving the same message and promptings that I was, that we both heard the same words and were able to feel the same feelings. There was a lot of words spoken on having faith and embracing change in our lives, not fearing and being of good cheer. This message was one that really touched me and I know that Jake felt the same.
Probably the most influencial talk for me was Elder Dallin H. Oaks. He spoke of the importance of Serving and what stood out to me was when he said that we serve the Lord by bearing his children - he followed on from this by quoting Mother Theresa "Do small things with great Love." This talk really stood out to me.
I now know that my desires are also the desires which the Lord would have me do, and this knowledge has given me the added strength which I need to put my faith the the Lord.

No comments:
Post a Comment