Tuesday, June 5, 2012

life's little hidden blessings

I am learning more and more that things happen in life for a reason, that everything has been planned by a loving Heavenly Father who knows all our needs and gives us opportunities to learn what we need to learn, not because we a unworthy or stupid, but because it will makes us better people, who are closer to the Savior than we were before.

In my 15th week of this pregnancy we were given some news that could change our lives (as we knew them) forever.  It was a real shock to start with, but after much prayer and humility we had prepared ourselves for the possibility that lay ahead.  As scary as it was we knew that with our Heavenly Father's help we could do anything, and that it would be a huge blessing to us as parents and as a family to have a special spirit live with us.

After some serious thought and discussion we decided to have the amniocentesis test done so that either way we could prepare for the arrival of this child.  This was a scary thing for me to do as the test scared me more than the results, as there are risks associated with having this test, but I had faith that everything would work out how it was meant to, and I just prayed that I would have the strength to accept whatever was meant to be.

Although this child is what would be called 'normal', just having to go through the possibility of another outcome changed both Jake and I, we grew closer to each other, and closer to the Savior.  I am so grateful for all that I learn't during this time, and either way am very grateful for the chance to be a mother to another one of our Father's children.

No comments:

Post a Comment